Your government cares for you!
Do not worry about the cost of plumbing. If your home deserves protection against flooding, the government will definitely help you. Here are few of the subsidy programs and rebate schemes offered to you by the local government:
Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program
The City of Toronto provides a financial subsidy against basement flooding.
It offers $3,400 as subsidy to home-owners for installation of flood protection equipment or devices such as:
- Backwater valve
- Sump pump
- Foundation drain (weeping tile) pipe severance and capping
To avail the subsidy, your plumbing contractor must be licensed by the City of Toronto and should be able to ascertain whether isolation of your home or property from the City’s drainage system is appropriate or not. Here are few other requirements:
- Your property should be a single-family residential, duplex or triplex property within the boundaries of City of Toronto.
- The downspouts from eavestrough must be separated from the drainage system.
- If you have a parking pad, all front yard paved areas must comply with the City’s Zoning By-law requirements.
- If you are installing a backwater valve, you must obtain a permit and pass inspection by a City of Toronto building inspector.
When filing for subsidy, you will have to submit the following documents:
- Original invoices
- Application of subsidy within one year of completion of work
Government understands that high-efficiency toilets have the potential to reduce water usage. So, it helps you in replacing your old high-water use toilets with new low-flow ones.
Different municipalities have different amount of rebate for toilet replacement. Contact your local authority to know more about the toilet rebate program.
Other Rebates and Subsidy Programs
Local authorities and municipalities constantly change the rebate and subsidy program. So, before starting any plumbing project on your property, contact your local government office and know about the several benefits available to you.
A Highly rated Concrete Contractor in the GTA